Children may purchase a mid-morning glass of milk or orange and payment for this is by Parentpay.
Current milk/orange prices 15p per day (75p per week) payable for the half term.
Children are welcome to bring a snack of fresh fruit or vegetables to eat during their morning break. For children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 this is provided as part of the funded government fruit and vegetable scheme.
Children can also bring a personal bottle of water to keep hydrated during the day.
Children may choose to eat a school meal or bring a packed lunch. All children in Years Reception, Year 1 and 2 are entitled to a Universal Free School Meal. School meals are prepared on the premises. Menus are balanced and varied and follow the County Catering Service’s healthy eating policy and Government Guidelines. A vegetarian option is always available. Sample menus are available from the school office.
Children having a school meal can choose between two hot meals and a salad. Good table manners are expected at all times.
Dinner money is collected using our online payment system Parentpay. Meals cost £11.50 for the whole week £2.30 per day.
Qualifying for free school meals
To qualify for free school meals you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods (£616.67 per month);
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household gross income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC); or
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Please note that contributions-based benefits, including contribution-related Jobseekers’ Allowance do not entitle you to claim free school meals.
An application form can be downloaded below and handed into the school office.