Class 4 Learning
Over the autumn term we have been exploring many science based tasks and have used them for inspiration for writing, calculating, measuring and many more creations.
|Exploring the great outdoors, we enjoyed searching for snails, before being involved in many snails observation tasks. The highlight of the day was snail racing!|
|Whilst snail observing was a lot of fun, I think we beat it with building wormeries and charming our own worms – it was so much fun. Just look how many worms we charmed!|
|We enjoyed working together; baking Nishnobblers and Pishlets from Roald Dahl’s Revolting Recipes. We also enjoyed making dream jars inspired by Sophie and the BFG.|
|We have also been enjoying some science through our slimy and squirmy topic, especially tasting different tastes to test out the tongue map and joining in a research investigation to demonstrate how our digestive system works.|
Class 4 celebrated Roald Dahl’s birthday on 13th September.
We all wore a yellow accessory, yellow was Roald Dahl’s favourite colour, to add to the mood of the day.
Wearing our yellow accessories, as yellow was Roald Dahl’s favourite colour.
Our day was been filled with celebrating lots of the slimy and squirmy aspects of the Roald Dahl, including;
- baking ‘Nishnobblets’ and ‘Pishlets’ from Roald Dahl’s revolting recipe book,
- making dream jars,
- bravely searching for worms in Mr Twit’s spaghetti whilst being blindfolded,
- writing our own revolting recipes and creating a new sweet
- solving many mathematical and logic puzzles and mazes
- creating bookmarks,
- and watching the Puffin live webcast celebrating Roald Dahl Day with extracts from the Min-pins and Quentin Blake drawings.
Class 4 approached the day with an amazing attitude. Well done to all.